Monday, June 18, 2007

Jenifer finally checking in...

Hi!

Well, Mom finally got me to take some time out to write something; not sure what yet, but here I am. We have been quite busy with our Sorority group, Delta Sigma of Beta Sigma Phi. It is a lot of fun going to the meetings and the social events; the ladies are all really nice. Our convention is next weekend and we have put together a couple of baskets to raffle off; we think they will be a big hit. One basket is a scrap booking basket and is choc' full of all kinds of wonderful scrap booking supplies; I will have to buy a bunch of tickets myself, I am often pretty lucky at these sorority raffles and I have a PASSION for scrap booking these days! The other is a basket of greeting cards that the Delta Sigma sisters all made...that was a lot of fun and the cards are all very beautiful...and fun ...and colorful...and so nice.

Steve, my husband, and I are planning our First Anniversary Party; July 15th will be one year. It's hard to believe I really have been married a year! We are very happy, still very much the newlyweds. Our party will be at the cabin where we got married with BBQ, picnicking, camping, fishing and general party fun. We anticipate that there will be a lot of folks coming up. Steve has a lot of friends here, he has been her for more than 15 years. I have a few friends but have mostly stuck to home lately. Our neighbors are very nice and may decide to come up. And Steve's friends are now my friends, of course. We have both really become quite the home bodies. We like to BBQ and hang out in the yard with the neighbors. Summer is really pretty here...even in town or when it is hot.

Our trip to Montana, Steve and I, was a great time. His mom was very glad to see him...and me. :) It was good to see everyone again; they are a very nice family. There were some illnesses and deaths in the last few years that have taken its toll on those in Montana...Steve too I suppose but he keeps it to himself no matter how I pry so I gave up. Anyway, everyone was so glad to see us finally. His nieces were a delight and absolutely love their Uncle Steve...and Aunt Jenifer by proxy. They were a hoot, especially the little one; she is very precocious.

Well that is all of the really exciting news here. Mom will keep you updated on more of her side. We plan to do a lot of camping and hanging out at the cabin this summer so anyone interested in a visit, please feel free to give us a call and we will make sure we are here to take you up the mountain. It is just gorgeous here in the summer...well, the winter too but more winter wonderland of course. Everything is so green and peaceful and well, loverly loverly!!

We miss you all and wish you were here with us to enjoy this beautiful place at its most beautiful!

Love, Jen :)

1 comment:

Mary Whiteflower said...

Wonderful Thank you Jenifer